Monday, May 22, 2006

The Man and the Sea


The Man and the Sea

The ocean, a constant dance
Vast, fluid and latent
Primeval but complex, yet somehow familiar
Have we not met before?

Your horizon just out of reach
Each night it gives birth to stars I wish on
Celebrates each new sun with a symphony of colors
You bring me hope

Sprays so refreshing
Nourishing the spirit, caressing the soul
Playful yet so yearning, reaching out to me
I am touched

Ancient smell, waves of wrinkles
Wisdom of time
A lonely lighthouse searches on for an answer
Your enigma intrigues me

Taste of melancholy
Generations have wept
A sea of tears
I feel your pain too

Your roars and heaves humble men
Your sighs and songs inspire
Tranquil blue is solace
I can hear your embrace

Much already known, yet so little
At times crystal clear, on occasion murky
Washing ashore gifts of seashells and starfish, teasing
Take me away, won't you?

Your smile, wider than the ocean
Your tears, more drenching
Your heart, bigger
Your thoughts, louder
Your profundity, more daunting, inspiring
Your love, deeper

What should I do with you?

by Vulture, 2005

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A loving touch of sentiments that
refuse to let go
A warm embracing carress that strokes your sorrows away
The winds restless travel far over the sea
Reaching my heartland
White seagulls soar and bring this one message
That ill is not, unknown to me, whether sun or rain.
If only I can see over the oceans and reach
If only I may there find a resting place I long for so
Deep in my soul
That one day, I may never depart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home